Eggplant Pasta. Eggplant and pasta are simmered in a simple tomato sauce in this quick and easy pasta dish perfect for weeknight meals. This summery pasta is just as much about the vegetables as it is about the pasta itself. The star of the dish is the roasted eggplant, which caramelizes and softens in the oven.
It is a classic Calabrian dish, also known as "Pasta alla parmigiana", that Italian Nonni have transported the. Vegetarian Pasta RollsOn dine chez Nanou. Diced eggplant turns tender and tasty sautéed with garlic and olive oil. You can have Eggplant Pasta using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Pasta
- You need 6-8 of smashed garlic cloves.
- You need of About 1-2 tablespoons olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 of firm medium eggplant diced.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of container of small fresh mozzarella.
- You need 1/2 pound of or box of rigatoni.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white wine (optional).
- Prepare of Fresh basil 🌿.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Toss with fresh plum tomatoes, green olives and capers and you. This simple Eggplant and Tomato Sauce is delicious, made with diced eggplant stewed in tomatoes and garlic. I love it served over pasta but it's also great over zucchini noodles. This pasta showcases all of eggplant's most magical properties.
Eggplant Pasta step by step
- Boil water for pasta, about 2-3 quarts.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter on high heat. When hot add eggplant. Brown and set aside..
- Add pasta to boiling salted water..
- Heat oil, butter and smashed garlic over medium heat. Sauté until golden brown. Don’t overcook it!.
- Add white wine if you want. Then add tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked..
- Add cooked rigatoni from water to tomato sauce. Simmer for a few minutes. Add eggplant and fresh mozzarella..
- Top with fresh basil 🌿 Enjoy! I hope you like it ❤️.
Roasting the eggplant brings out its natural sweetness and tenderness, while combining it with a savory tomato sauce gives it a chance to. Pasta Alla Norma is a traditional simple Sicilian pasta dish made with eggplant, tomato, basil and cheese. It's homemade, healthy and really easy to make! This Vegetarian Eggplant Pasta Casserole is a standard pasta casserole dish with added vegetables for variety in texture, nutrition and flavor! You can add the eggplant to pastas, soups, or just eat them right out of the oven!!