Malva Pudding. Malva pudding is a sweet pudding with its origins in South Africa. My twin sister and I always say, if it sticks to the pan then its a pudding. The sauce was quite enough to moisten the entire pudding — it should not be dripping with sauce Real cold-weather comfort food.
I guess it started about a month ago, and finally today my craving was satisfied. Malva Pudding – a sweet decadent South African dessert with a caramelized exterior and spongy interior soaked in tasty warm butter. May be you need a dessert to add to your repertoire that you can. You can cook Malva Pudding using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Malva Pudding
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of double cream.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of butter.
- You need 3/4 Cup of dark brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of fine apricot jam.
- Prepare of Batter.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of dark brown sugar.
- You need 3 Tbsp of fine apricot jam.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of cake flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 tsp of vinegar.
Malva pudding is a traditional South African dessert consisting of a pudding base covered in a creamy, sweet sauce made with water, cream, vanilla, butter, and sugar. Malva Pudding is a big part of South African Desserts, it is easy and you can create more dessert out of one recipe, the great thing about this Malva pudding is that you can add more ingredients like. Looking for a simple Malva pudding recipe? There is no better way to finish dinner than with a good old Malva Pudding to leave your guests.
Malva Pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°C..
- In a sauce pan, place all the sauce ingredients and stir continuously over high heat and bring to a boil..
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 5 minutes or till you have a glossy sauce..
- Remove from the heat and keep warm..
- For the batter, Cream butter and sugar together until the butter is pale and soft..
- Beat in the apricot jam, then add the egg and beat till well combined..
- Combine bicarbonate of soda and milk till soda dissolves..
- Sift flour and the salt together and add to the batter, alternating with the milk. Beat in vinegar till well combined..
- Pour batter into a greased ovenproof bowl and pour half the sauce over the batter..
- Bake for 45 minutes or until nicely browned..
- Remove from oven and pour over the remaining sauce a little at a time until all sauce is absorbed..
- Serve hot with cream, custard and ice-cream..
Malva pudding, also called malvapoeding or marshmallow pudding, is a traditional South African dessert. Since South African restaurants are a rarity overseas, you probably haven't come across. Malva Pudding is a sweet pudding, usually served hot with custard, cream or ice-cream. The sauce that is added afterwards is what makes this pudding such a favourite. Malva Pudding is a true South African pudding dish, with a sweet sponge and a decadent caramelized sticky sauce; it's normally served with hot custard or ice cream.