Halva Pudding. Halva is a semolina pudding that is sweetened with syrup and studded with nuts and raisins. It is a dessert that has Arabic origins but has been adopted into the Greek culture and is widely served. individual halva puddings with chopped pistachios and dried apricots. Halva is a delicious, traditional dessert made in a many different variations across Greece and throughout the Middle East.
This is a halva pudding that my maman used to make a lot. Keywords: Greek Halva Recipe, Semolina Halva, Greek Semolina Pudding. Post it on Instagram and tag @mygreekdish. You can have Halva Pudding using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Halva Pudding
- Prepare 3 3/4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of blueberry/ orange juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of brandy (I skipped instead used sugar 2 tsp 2 tsp water).
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of honey.
- You need 5 of whole cloves.
- It’s 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- You need of For Pudding base -.
- Prepare 2 cups of coarse semolina flour.
- You need 2/3 cup of chopped nuts.
- You need 2/3 cup of light olive oil.
Garnish with pistachios or slivered almonds. Halva is a delicious, traditional pudding made with semolina flour, chopped nuts and sweet syrup – it's charmingly delicate texture is just wonderful! Flavored with aromatic cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. So then I thought of Halva!
Halva Pudding instructions
- Add all syrup ingredients to pot, bring up to a low boil and cook for 5 minutes. Move off of the heat until ready to use..
- Heat olive oil in pan – a 3qt saucepan fits this recipe perfectly. To taste whether your oil is hot enough or not, simply drop a small pinch of semolina into the pan. When it spits and fizzles, the oil is ready..
- )Add the entire amount of semolina to the hot oil and stir well. Continue to cook on low heat for 5-7 minutes stirring frequently. Colour should turn from a pale yellow to a light brown..
- Mix nuts, syrup and semolina to combine completely. Continue to cook on low heat for another 3-4 minutes, it will release oil..
- Halva Pudding is ready to serve. Garnish with nuts and fruits..
A super, traditional dessert that the Greeks, and others who have tried it, absolutely love. It's simple, delicious and easy to adapt to outdoor cooking. I grew up eating middle-eastern style Halva, kind of like sesame-based fudge, somewhat fibrous, sweet and delicious. Usually sold in blocks (like fudge from a fudge store). If you are a fan of Halva (like me), you will fall in love with this sweet and simple dessert.