Vegan rice pudding. This vegan rice pudding tastes just like creamy custard! Seriously, even if the words rice and pudding don't sound like they should go in the same sentence, you'll be a convert once you try this. This luscious vegan rice pudding is easy to make and delicious hot or cold.
This BREAKFAST VEGAN RICE PUDDING is now in Plant-Powered Families. But, a few years ago, I showed how to make it in a "Dreena and Daughters" video! Sidenote: please be forgiving of video. You can have Vegan rice pudding using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan rice pudding
- Prepare 100 g of short grain pudding rice.
- It’s 50 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 750 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of ground nutmeg or cinnamon (as preferred).
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
Vegan rice pudding is a thick and creamy sweet pudding made with almond milk. Vegans and non-vegans alike will love. this delicious dessert! This easy recipe is also gluten free and dairy free. This vegan rice pudding recipe is inspired by the Spanish rice pudding Arroz con leche.
Vegan rice pudding step by step
- Mix the ingredients in a large oven-proof dish. Place, uncovered, into a preheated oven at 150C for 2 hours..
- Serve hot or cold with fresh or tinned fruit, or raisins. Alternatively, serve with a spoonful of jam, or a drizzle of golden syrup..
The lemon and orange zest infuses the rice pudding with a warming citrusy flavour. Vegan Rice Pudding is a delicious, creamy, dairy free dessert! Naturally gluten free and easy to make, this healthy rice pudding is the perfect treat! This post is sponsored by my friends at Oatly. Our vegan rice pudding recipe is made with brown rice, all-natural sweeteners, almond milk, and warm spices!