Black sticky rice pudding. Black sticky rice (or black glutinous rice) is a naturally sweet, dark rice (dark purple more than black) that has both fiber and loads of antioxidants – which only makes this baked rice pudding extra enjoyable to eat. Amaze your friends with this fantastic Asian dessert! WATCH THIS VIDEO on How to make Sticky Black Rice Pudding.
Black Sticky Rice Pudding Kao Niow Dahm (or Khao Neow Dam)*. Measure the rice into a bowl; run your fingers through the rice and check for any pebbles or other noticeable impurities. This Malaysian rice pudding is rich in flavor and soooooo creamy but not too sweet. You can cook Black sticky rice pudding using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black sticky rice pudding
- Prepare 500 gms of Black sticky rice.
- You need 500 gms of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 liter of Coconut milk.
- It’s 200 gms of Ghee.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need As per taste of salt.
- You need as required of Chopped nuts (optional).
After a long flight to Singapore a lovely Malay woman brought me a warm bowl of Bubur Pulut Hitam, a traditional Malaysian dessert known as sticky black rice pudding. Black sticky rice has the same texture as regular sticky rice. It's soft, sticky and slightly chewy once cooked. In terms of flavors, it also has the light You can find the cooking instructions in my Pressure Cooker Black Sticky Rice Pudding post.
Black sticky rice pudding step by step
- Soak rice for 3 hours..
- Drain and spread on a cloth under fan to dry..
- Make powder, add sugar in coconut milk and mix well..
- Now add beaten egg with milk and mix well.
- Add flour slowly little by little and mix throughly. Add pinch of salt, add ghee and mix until the consistency like cake batter.
- Pour the batter in a greased pan, if you like spread chopped nuts on the top. Cover the pan with foil tightly and bake in steam for 40 min in medium flame.
- Can be serve hot or cold.
After soaking, you just simply simmer it with water until the. Black Sticky Rice Pudding is a truly versatile recipe! It can be eaten hot or cold and topped with anything your heart desires. It's as delicious for breakfast as it is for dessert. It is gluten-free, full of fiber, vegan, and packed full of antioxidants.