VERMICELLI PUDDING. A creamy, mild, and comforting pudding made of vermicelli (angel hair) pasta lightly spiced with cardamom and a few raisins is a beloved traditional food for Eid breakfast. Tasty and easy dessert from Mauritius made of vermicelli (angel hair) pasta lightly spiced with cardamom. Vermicelli is traditionally a type of Italian Pasta that look like small, thin worms.
Indian, Vegan , gluten-free option, nut-free option. Vermicelli Pudding, also known as Seviyan Kheer is a very popular Indian recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Vermicelli Pudding by following this easy recipe. You can have VERMICELLI PUDDING using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of VERMICELLI PUDDING
- You need 1/2 packet of vermicelli noodles, crush.
- It’s 1 liter of Fresh Milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh Cream.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of Desi ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 2-3 of Green Cardamom seeds.
- Prepare of Almonds+Coconut powder (Optional).
Vermicelli Pudding Recipe, How To Make Vermicelli Pudding Recipe. Indian Muslims eat this sweet treat after moonrise to celebrate the breaking of the Ramadan fast. And as the name refers this is nothing but a vermicelli pudding with dates. It's slowly cooked milk reduced to the thickness of double cream and set with vermicelli and cardamom, decorated with pistachios, cashews and sultanas.
VERMICELLI PUDDING step by step
- Use medium saucepan. Heat desi ghee and add vermicelli and cardamom seeds. Toast til golden brown this will take few minutes, Keep stirring so the vermicelli doesn't burn..
- Add milk, and mix well. Let it come to a boil. Add sugar and mix well. Once it comes to a boil turn heat low and cook for 15 minutes..
- Keep stirring and scraping down sides as the mixture thickens up..
- After 15 minutes check the consistency, if thin keep cooking, if too thick you can add some more milk..
- Now add cream mix well..
- The consistency will be your preference, taste and check how you like it..
- This can be served warm or cold. Garnish with almonds slices and coconut powder..
- I used fresh cream in this recipe to give it a nice thick/rich texture. But you could use heavy cream or just milk. If you use fat free version of milk it may not thicken up as much..
Semiya Payasam / vermicelli pudding is luscious and creamy and has a textural bite from the vermicelli. Its flavored with cardamom and ghee. This is also a very popular dessert made on all. Gulkand Seviyan Kheer Rose flavored sweet vermicelli pudding. by ministryofcurry. Learn how to prepare this Vermicelli Pudding (Seviyan Ki Kheer) recipe like a pro.