Cornbread Pudding. Cornbread pudding is delicious any time of year and makes a perfect side dish for a holiday meal. Swap in your favorite cheese; I'm thinking of using smoked mozzarella next. Cornbread pudding is like spoon bread.
Cornbread Pudding. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Serve this easy cornbread pudding featuring super sweet corn and cornbread mixed together in a creamy casserole that is a must on any holiday table. I am always on the search for easy recipes that. You can cook Cornbread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cornbread Pudding
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of cream cheese soft.
- You need 2 of beaten eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 box of cornbread jiffy.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of melted butter.
- You need 1 can of cream corn.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of frozen corn (1 bag will do).
- It’s Dash of salt.
- You need 2 of tea. Nutmeg.
This cornbread pudding combines the best of both recipes into a hearty but not too heavy casserole, more moist than your average cornbread but not custardy like a pudding, making it worthy of holiday. This luscious cornbread pudding, also known as spoonbread (or my take on it at least), will just blow your mind! Cornbread Pudding is very similar and sometime the same thing as Corn Casserole. This cornbread pudding tastes one hundred times better when you make the cream corn from scratch.
Cornbread Pudding instructions
- I use my crockpot, but can do in the oven @ 350. Spray pan or crockpot with cooking spary..
- Mix cream cheese, eggs and sugar. Add cornbread mix, butter,milk, cream of corn, frozen corn, salt, nutmeg. Mix all together, pour in pan or crockpot..
- Crockpot- place a paper towel between lid and crockpot. 2-4 hrs on high. Cook in pan till it drowns. Crockpot- cook till it’s starts to pull away from the sides, the last 30mins remove lid to help it brown up or can just brown the top in the oven for 5-10 mins or so..
- Crockpot- my crockpot I can place the dish in the oven, I used my smaller crockpot don’t use a big one, can use the casserole crockpot if you have one. This is what it looks like when you brown it in the oven.(also the only picture I have of this dish.).
Cornbread gets a bad rap sometimes, but these cornbread puddings are a foolproof way to get that great flavor without even a hint of dryness. I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it is included at every holiday meal. I'm not sure why it's called pudding. Easy Side Dish Recipes Side Dish Bread Pudding Corn Recipes Dairy Recipes Cornmeal Grain Recipes Parmesan Cheese Recipes Recipes for a Crowd. Serve this decadent bread pudding as a Thanksgiving side, or as breakfast the day after.