Bread pudding. This lightly spiced bread pudding is made with simple pantry items like bread, eggs, milk, and sugar. My family LOVES bread pudding, and this recipe is one that I have fine tuned to their taste. Bread pudding is a bread-based dessert popular in many countries' cuisines, made with stale bread and milk or cream, generally containing eggs, a form of fat such as oil, butter or suet, and depending on whether the pudding is sweet or savory, a variety of other ingredients.
Make sure the bread pudding is cooled completely Like most baked treats, bread pudding is usually done when you run a knife or skewer through the. Bread pudding is an irresistible dessert classic. Equal parts creamy and textured, it makes for a great comfort food. You can cook Bread pudding using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bread pudding
- It’s 3 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 5-6 slices of bread.
Here are some of the best bread pudding recipes from the FN chefs straight to your. From easy Bread Pudding recipes to masterful Bread Pudding preparation techniques, find Bread Pudding ideas by our editors and community in this recipe collection. Bread pudding is so popular that almost every country has its own version of the recipe. One of the best things about this dessert is that it can be made using leftovers.
Bread pudding step by step
- Cut bread into cubes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Put bread into baking dish and poor butter onto cut bread.
- Mix 2 eggs, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and poor mixture onto bread.
- Bake on 350 degree Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon soften butter, 1 egg, 1/4 cup milk, 2 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Put mixture on slightly baked bread pudding.
- Bake for 45 more minutes.
- Should be crispy once done and soft on the bottom.
It wasn't in my mother's rotation of recipes growing up, so the only other exposure I'd had to the dish was the occasional trip to a cafeteria-style restaurant with my. Bread pudding is a bread based dessert that is popular in many countries. Though different countries tend to vary their flavorings and ingredients, the basic ingredients include stale bread, milk or cream. A few weeks ago, I had the great honor of joining my friend Christy Jordan from Southern Plate and the amazing folks from AllSouth Appliance on a road trip to Louisville. Bread pudding, savory or the more classic sweet, is an underrated dish.