Chinese Steamed Egg Pudding. Chinese Steamed Egg – Silky Smooth Custard. Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
As you may know, ovens are not commonly used in Chinese cooking. Even today, home ovens are still considered a A Versatile Dessert Recipe. This Cantonese Steamed Milk Egg Pudding is very popular in Hong Kong, Macau and neighboring areas. You can have Chinese Steamed Egg Pudding using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Steamed Egg Pudding
- You need 5 of Eggs.
- You need As needed of Water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare to Taste of Tempura Soy Sauce.
With more eggs and less cream, it is slightly healthier than normal puddings. With a smooth, silky feel and delicate taste that people of all ages will enjoy This will prevent the moisture from steaming from dripping into the pudding and making it watery. Even one hole in the coverings can let in moisture, so. This sweet Chinese Steamed-Milk Pudding is a delicious, naturally sweet snack that can be topped with any of your favorite fruits or enjoyed as is!
Chinese Steamed Egg Pudding step by step
- Crack 5 eggs into a large bowl. Whisk the eggs..
- Add 1/4 tsp salt. Add water. Water and the egg liquid should be 1:1 ratio. Whisk till water and eggs well blended together..
- Set the bowl on a steamer. Cover the bowl with a lid to prevent vapored water dripping into the bowl. After the water is boiling, steam the eggs for 25 minutes..
- Remove the egg pudding from steamer. Add tempura soy sauce. It is ready to serve.For people who are on keto diet, you can eat directly like this..
- For toddlers, you can mix the egg pudding with white rice. To be fancy, you can even add some Japanese rice seasoning..
Another problem that is easily overlooked in the production of steamed milk pudding is the proportion of egg white in milk. Like savory steamed eggs, if properly steamed, this sweet egg pudding should have a silky texture resembling soft tofu. Steaming two ways Using low or medium heat, the pudding may result in a smooth texture, just check out the steps below for the right timing. Chinese steamed eggs doesn't need sophisticated seasoning to impress your palate. Exactly like how my mum serves this dish, I only add a little light soy sauce and sesame oil, then cut through the curd several times to let the sauce penetrate.