Banana Pudding. No-cook banana pudding made with instant vanilla pudding mix, condensed milk and whipped This is a excellent recipe for banana puddings. Basically banana pudding's cool older sister. A classic Southern banana pudding made with a custard-based vanilla pudding, sliced bananas Banana pudding is a classic Southern dessert, well-loved for its creamy texture and comforting.
Banana Pudding pairs creamy smooth vanilla pudding with chunks of sweet banana and crunchy vanilla wafers. Some like to layer this dessert, like an English Trifle, so you can see the separate. From Quick & Tasty Banana Pudding recipes to Banana Pudding Pie recipes, these twists on our favorite classic summer dessert will be the hit of the barbecue. You can have Banana Pudding using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Pudding
- Prepare 35-45 of Nilla Wafers.
- It’s 5-6 of medium size ripe bananas sliced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar divided.
- It’s 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s Dash of salt.
- It’s 4 of eggs, separated, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need of Optional : top with additional nilla wafers or try my never fail meringue.
Banana pudding has long been a favorite Southern dessert, and this shortcut version is an Take a bowl of banana pudding along to a potluck dinner or social occasion and watch it disappear. This easy Homemade Banana Pudding recipe is the best I've ever had! Creamy, rich and almost mousse-like banana pudding that tastes just like Grandma used to make. This Homemade Banana Pudding recipe makes the creamiest and most flavorful banana pudding ever!
Banana Pudding instructions
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar,flour and salt in top of double boiler. Stir in 4 egg yolks and milk; blend well..
- Cook, uncovered, over boiling water, stirring constantly; 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla..
- Spread small amount on bottom of 1 and 1/2 quart casserole dish; cover with layer of nilla wafers. Top with layer of sliced bananas. Continue to layer wafers, bananas and custard to make 3 layers of each, ending with custard..
- Now you can stop here and just add additional wafers to the top and enjoy or make a meringue to cover the top by beating the egg whites until stiff but not dry; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Cover top of pudding spread to cover entire surface. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned. Cool slightly and eat or refrigerate..
- If you don't have much luck making meringue, reference my recipe for Never Fail Pie Meringue..
Layered with bananas and sweet vanilla wafer cookies. Don't settle for store-bought banana pudding with For Southern banana pudding, cook your own pudding on the stove. Then pour it over wafers and banana slices. Banana pudding is a simple Southern classic that has evolved into an all-American favorite. This recipe lightens up the traditional pudding by using low-fat milk, fat-free sweetened condensed milk.