Banana Pudding. No-cook banana pudding made with instant vanilla pudding mix, condensed milk and whipped This is a excellent recipe for banana puddings. Basically banana pudding's cool older sister. A classic Southern banana pudding made with a custard-based vanilla pudding, sliced bananas Banana pudding is a classic Southern dessert, well-loved for its creamy texture and comforting.
Banana Pudding pairs creamy smooth vanilla pudding with chunks of sweet banana and crunchy vanilla wafers. Some like to layer this dessert, like an English Trifle, so you can see the separate. From Quick & Tasty Banana Pudding recipes to Banana Pudding Pie recipes, these twists on our favorite classic summer dessert will be the hit of the barbecue. You can cook Banana Pudding using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Pudding
- Prepare 40 gr of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 625 ml of whole milk (1% or 2% will work).
- Prepare 300 gr of – 400 gr sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s of (Use 300 gr then taste it. Add some more to taste).
- Prepare 2 of large egg yolks, lightly beaten.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 of large bananas, slices.
- It’s 48 of vanilla wafers (nilla wafers).
- Prepare 4 of large egg whites.
- You need 50 gr of sugar.
Banana pudding has long been a favorite Southern dessert, and this shortcut version is an Take a bowl of banana pudding along to a potluck dinner or social occasion and watch it disappear. This easy Homemade Banana Pudding recipe is the best I've ever had! Creamy, rich and almost mousse-like banana pudding that tastes just like Grandma used to make. This Homemade Banana Pudding recipe makes the creamiest and most flavorful banana pudding ever!
Banana Pudding instructions
- Combine flour and salt in a medium saucepan. Gradually add milk, condensed milk and yolks, stir well. Cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract. Cover with cling wrap (the cling wrap must touch the surface)..
- Arrange 1 banana slices in bottom of a 8×8 square glass baking dish or a 2-quart baking dish. Spoon one-third of pudding mixture over banana. Arrange 16 wafers on top of pudding. Repeat layers two more times, so total there are 3 layers of bananas, 3 layers of pudding and 3 layers of wafers..
- Preheat the oven to 325°F..
- Beat egg whites at high speed of a mixer until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue evenly over pudding, sealing to edge of dish..
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until golden..
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving or after colling down, put it in the fridge for a few hours and serve it cold..
Layered with bananas and sweet vanilla wafer cookies. Don't settle for store-bought banana pudding with For Southern banana pudding, cook your own pudding on the stove. Then pour it over wafers and banana slices. Banana pudding is a simple Southern classic that has evolved into an all-American favorite. This recipe lightens up the traditional pudding by using low-fat milk, fat-free sweetened condensed milk.