Castella Caramel Pudding. Hi, everyone 🙂 today we'll show you how to make Japanese style Caramel Pudding Castella Cake. Castella caramel pudding is quite a tricky dessert to make but really tasty once we get it right. It consists of a Castella cake on top of crème caramel.
Pudding gets an adult upgrade with this Salted Caramel Pudding Shot from Delish.com. Boozy pudding is the best kind of pudding. A popular Japanese-style pudding, so smooth and creamy. You can have Castella Caramel Pudding using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Castella Caramel Pudding
- Prepare of 🍮 Caramel.
- Prepare 3 tbsp (39 g) of granulated white sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp (15 ml) of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp (15 ml) of hot water.
- It’s of 🍮 Pudding.
- Prepare 320 ml of whole milk, heated to 60°C or 140°F.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 3 of whole eggs.
- You need 50 g of granulated white sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp (15 ml) of rum, optional.
- Prepare of 🍮Castella sponge.
- Prepare 1 of whole egg.
- Prepare 21 g of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 10 g of honey.
- You need 27 g of cake flour, sifted.
This custard pudding is so easy to make, with simple ingredients that are always available in the pantry. A wide variety of caramel pudding options are available to you, such as flavor. This easy-to-make pudding is popular all over India but made especially well by the Parsis, Mangaloreans (both Click Play to See This Caramel Custard Recipe Come Together. Indulgent doesn't even begin to describe this pudding pie.
Castella Caramel Pudding step by step
- To make caramel: In a heavy-bottom pot, heat sugar and 1 tbsp water over medium heat until it caramelizes or turns brown..
- Turn off the heat and carefully add 1 tbsp hot water into the caramel. It will sizzle quite aggressively so watch out for any hot splatter..
- Pour and divide caramel evenly into 4 heat-proof cups. Place the cups in a deep baking dish. We will bake this with a bain-marie (water bath) method. Set aside..
- To make pudding: In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, and rum until combined. Then gradually add in heated milk (60°C or 140°F) while whisking the egg mixture. To avoid having chunks of cooked eggs, remember to keep whisking while pouring the milk. Strain the mixture into a jug. Set aside..
- To make castella: Using a hand mixer, beat egg, sugar, and honey until light and thickened..
- Sieve cake flour into batter. Using a silicone spatula, fold mixture just until combined. Do not overmix as it will deflate the batter and result in a dense cake..
- Assembly: Pour and divide pudding mixture evenly into the 4 cups. Top each cup with cake batter until almost full..
- Transfer into preheated oven at 320°F or 160°C. Pour as much boiling water as possible into the baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes or as long as possible until the cake top really browns. Longer baking will ensure the pudding inside is cooked through..
- Out of the oven, I let them sit in the hot water bath for 10 more minutes. This allows the pudding to further set. Then remove from water and chill them overnight. Enjoy the pudding on the next day..
Caramel Pudding / Flan Recipe – Ingredients. Dont let the caramel get more dark then the pudding will have a bitter tasting caramel. Also the colour purely depends on your taste. Caramel Pudding with Sweet and Salty Pecans. Caramel Pudding with Sweet and Salty Pecans, recipe on www.