Bread Pudding. This lightly spiced bread pudding is made with simple pantry items like bread, eggs, milk, and sugar. My family LOVES bread pudding, and this recipe is one that I have fine tuned to their taste. Bread pudding is a bread-based dessert popular in many countries' cuisines, made with stale bread and milk or cream, generally containing eggs, a form of fat such as oil, butter or suet, and depending on whether the pudding is sweet or savory, a variety of other ingredients.
Make sure the bread pudding is cooled completely Like most baked treats, bread pudding is usually done when you run a knife or skewer through the. Bread pudding is an irresistible dessert classic. Equal parts creamy and textured, it makes for a great comfort food. You can cook Bread Pudding using 30 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- You need of A. Bread Pudding.
- It’s 8-10 slices of bread (buttered).
- You need of (Or use croissants, brioche etc).
- Prepare 60 g of butter (melted).
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 of white sugar.
- You need 500 ml of thickened cream.
- You need of (Or milk. We use whatever available but love thickened cream).
- Prepare of B. Sauce.
- You need 300 g of milk (or use both cream & milk- anything available).
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of sugar/maple syrup.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of corn flour.
- You need 1 tsp of custard powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanila extract.
- It’s Pinch of nutmeg (opt).
- Prepare of Note: Some using only egg yolks (4-5 yolks) and cream instead of milk for sauce. For this type of sauce, do not add flour for thickening.
- You need of It’s simpler but for that much of yolks i have to come up with another dish/recipe for the egg whites. Adjust & taste.
- You need of C. Optional Sauce Recipe (fr drive me hungry).
- You need 1/2 C of milk.
- It’s 1/2 C of half and half.
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 4 of large egg yolk.
- You need 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s of Note: if half and half is not available – use 1 C of milk + 1 tbsp melted butter.
- It’s of Cream sugar & egg yolk.
- It’s of Heat milk to a slightly simmer. Ladle milk into egg yolk mixture slowly until finish & keep whisking in between additions.
- Prepare spoon of Return mixture to the pot & heat until sauce thickens & coats at the back of the.
- It’s of Add vanilla once it cools.
Here are some of the best bread pudding recipes from the FN chefs straight to your. From easy Bread Pudding recipes to masterful Bread Pudding preparation techniques, find Bread Pudding ideas by our editors and community in this recipe collection. Bread pudding is so popular that almost every country has its own version of the recipe. One of the best things about this dessert is that it can be made using leftovers.
Bread Pudding instructions
- A. For Bread pudding – prepare ingredients- melt butter. Put aside. Grease ramekins with butter. Prepare bread – use any type of bread available – white, brioche, croissants. For white bread, trim the edges & butter both sides. cut into preferred size. Place/arrange cut bread into greased ramekins. Keep aside. Layer with sultanas (optional / if available).
- Crack eggs, stir in sugar & melted butter until well mixed. Next, add thickened cream. Whisk until well combined. Using a fine sieve, Strain this mixture into another bowl. Then, Ladle this mixture over the bread in ramekins & place ramekins in a bain marie. Bake at 180°C for 20-25mins or until the bread is golden in colour & filling is slightly set. Note: Preheat oven to 180°C & prepare water bath/ bain marie before baking bread pudding..
- B. Sauce – crack egg & whisk in corn flour, custard powder & maple syrup or sugar until well combined. We use maple syrup. Anything available. Put aside. scald milk over medium heat (This is use to temper the egg). Turn off the heat..
- Ladle scalded milk into egg mixture slowly while whisking quickly until well combined. Ladle milk in batches. (Skipping this step, risking eggy sauce & curdled egg/sauce, so, avoid skipping this process). Return to the heat and keep whisking (over medium heat first then switch to low) until mixture thickened. Remove from the heat. Add vanilla extract once sauce is slightly cooled/warm..
- Serve bread pudding with sauce..
It wasn't in my mother's rotation of recipes growing up, so the only other exposure I'd had to the dish was the occasional trip to a cafeteria-style restaurant with my. Bread pudding is a bread based dessert that is popular in many countries. Though different countries tend to vary their flavorings and ingredients, the basic ingredients include stale bread, milk or cream. A few weeks ago, I had the great honor of joining my friend Christy Jordan from Southern Plate and the amazing folks from AllSouth Appliance on a road trip to Louisville. Bread pudding, savory or the more classic sweet, is an underrated dish.