Home cuisine ultimate Cajun Gumbo easy, yummy, practical.
26 ingredients, 14 steps, cooking Cajun Gumbo
How are you mother, at this time you get present recipe Cajun Gumbo with 26 ingredients and 14 steps. Next this is how to make it, please observe carefully.
In cooking there are several levels that must be done, starting to prepare ingredients, cooking tools, and also understand system start from beginning to cooking is ready to be served and enjoyed. Make sure you has enough time and no is thinking about something else, because will cause the food to burn, taste no appropriate desired, and many others. Immediately, below are 26 ingredients and 14 stages of easy cooking Cajun Gumbo.
Ingredients all Cajun Gumbo
- You need of medium raw shrimp (peeled, tail off).
- It’s of water.
- You need of Old Bay seasoning.
- It’s of medium yellow onion (finely chopped).
- You need of green (and/or red) bell pepper (coarsely chopped).
- Prepare of jalapeno pepper (sliced with seeds).
- You need of celery (sliced, leaves for stock).
- Prepare of salt, pepper, paprika, and thyme.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of chicken thighs (whole, skin on).
- You need of Andouille sausage.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of chicken stock.
- Prepare of garlic cloves (peeled, thinly sliced).
- You need of salt, pepper, Creole or Cajun seasoning.
- You need of dried thyme.
- It’s of red pepper flakes.
- You need of bay leaf.
- You need of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of hot sauce.
- You need of green onions (thinly sliced, white ends to green).
- Prepare of sliced okra (frozen – if not in season).
- It’s of tsps. Filé powder (optional).
- You need of fresh parsley (finely chopped).
- Prepare of cooked rice.
If all main ingredients Cajun Gumbo it’s ready, We’re going into the cooking stage. Below is how to preparing with without fail.
Cajun Gumbo instructions
- Prepare the shrimp and set aside in the refrigerator. Take the shells / tails and place them in a small pot. Add the water and Old Bay seasoning to the pot and bring to a boil..
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain the liquid into a large cup and discard the shells. [Reserve this liquid].
- Prepare the vegetables; place them all in a bowl, and set aside..
- Season the chicken. Add oil to a large pan and cook the chicken 15 minutes per side on medium heat. Remove them from the pan and allow them to cool..
- In the same pan, add the sausage and brown 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and allow it to cool..
- Pour off the oil in the pan to measure about 1/2 cup. Add butter to the pan and begin to melt. Add the measured oil to the pan and heat over medium-high heat until slightly smoking. Gradually whisk in 1/2 cup flour..
- Cook this, whisking constantly, until the roux is a bit darkish brown. The timing on this varies depending on the pan used, the heat, medium or dark roux technique, etc. Be careful not to let it burn. [May take 8-15 minutes].
- When the roux reaches the optimum color, reduce the heat to medium-low, add the vegetables, and mix. Scrape the pan bottom and stir occasionally. Heat this for 7-8 minutes, until the vegetables are soft, and set aside..
- Take a large pot (Dutch oven), pour in the chicken and shrimp stock, and begin to heat. When the stock is hot, add the vegetable mixture (using a large spoon), and mix this as you add more. When the roux is dissolved, continue to heat until a slight boil..
- Reduce the heat to low-medium and stir in the garlic, all seasonings, and sauces. Remove the chicken meat from the bones, roughly chop the meat, and place in the pot. [Discard the skin and bones] Cut the sausage up in 1/2” pieces and add them to the pot..
- Add the green onions (white parts) and simmer for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally. After the long simmer, raise the heat to medium, add the okra, and cook for 15 minutes. The stock will thicken a bit more..
- Reduce the heat to low, add the refrigerated shrimp and parsley, stir a few times, and cook until the shrimp begins to turn a slight pink. [Add filé powder at this point if not using okra] Turn off the heat; allow this to rest, while preparing the rice..
- To serve, place a cup of cooked rice into a round mini-cup. Invert the cup of rice into the center of a plate or bowl (with low sides). Ladle the gumbo all around the mounded rice and garnish with parsley. Repeat for other serving bowls..
- Serve and enjoy with some crusty bread or cornbread..
Like that method easy cook with fast recipes Cajun Gumbo, you also do look for more recipes culinary other interesting on web us, available thousands of various recipes world food and we will continue to add and develop. Starting from culinary healthy fast, tasty, and nutritious to culinary fatty, difficult, spicy, sweet, salty acid is on our site. Thank you for reading the ultimate recipe Cajun Gumbo.