Comeback Sauce. Our classic comeback sauce recipe is a Southern staple. A kissing cousin of rémoulade, this versatile spice sauce famously originated in a Greek restaurant in Mississippi. This easy how to make Classic Mississippi comeback Sauce is an all purpose sauce used for salad dressings, fried food dipping.
Comeback sauce is a creamy, savory, tangy, and sweet Southern-style sauce and dip that is delicious on french fries Nutritional Information. To make Southern Comeback Sauce start with mayonnaise and add just enough ketchup to taint it orange. Then add a little honey, a little Worcestershire sauce, a little cajun seasoning, and hot sauce. You can have Comeback Sauce using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Comeback Sauce
- Prepare 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ketcup.
- Prepare 2 of talespoons sriracha chili sauce.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of worcheshire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dry mustard.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of each salt and pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chopped green onion.
- You need 1 of .
How do you make Southern Comeback Sauce? It really does not get any easier than this. Just grab a medium bowl and whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, hot sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, Cajun. Mississippi Comeback Sauce, a Jackson, MS original in the same family as Fry Sauce, Thousand Island, Cocktail Sauce and Remoulade dressing.
Comeback Sauce step by step
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until compleatly blended. Store in the refrigeratory.
- Serve with grilled meats, vegetables and seafood. Also great as a dipping sauce for appetizers or on burgers, wraps, tacos and sandwiches.
Comeback sauce is perfect many things. I have used it as a dip for veggies, fried pickles, potato chips. Comeback Sauce for Beef. by TasteTester. An all purpose sauce that is a cross somewhere between a rémoulade sauce and Thousand Island salad dressing, great for a sandwich spread or dipping sauce. This Comeback Sauce is so easy!