You can have Hot Sauce using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hot Sauce
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare 4 of jalapeno peppers stemmed, halved, seeded and sliced.
- It’s 6 of habanero peppers stemmed, halved, seeded and sliced.
- Prepare 4 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 pound of tomatoes, diced (about 3 cups).
- Prepare 1 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 1-3 teaspoons of brown sugar.
Hot Sauce instructions
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, jalapenos, habaneros, garlic and cook, stirring, until the onion is soft and beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium. Add tomatoes, vinegar, salt and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to break down, about 5 minutes..
- Carefully transfer the tomato mixture to a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. Let the sauce cool to room temperature, about 1½ hours..