You can cook Cherry-Port Sauce using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cherry-Port Sauce
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 1 of large shallot, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- You need 4 oz. of port.
- It’s 4 oz. of red wine.
- It’s 8 oz. of vegetable stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of redcurrant jelly.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of water.
- It’s 10 of frozen pitted cherries, thawed.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of fresh rosemary, finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp. of fresh thyme, chopped.
- Prepare Dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Cherry-Port Sauce instructions
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and sauté the shallots over medium-high heat until soft and lightly brown. Add the garlic and sauté lightly for 30 seconds..
- Add the port wine, red wine, and stock. Heat until the volume of liquid has reduced (by a third)..
- Strain the liquid into a large measuring cup, discard the shallots, and return this to the pan. Add the jelly and balsamic vinegar..
- In the same cup, mix the cornstarch and water to a paste. Add a dash of the hot liquid from the pan to the cup and mix well. Add this back to the saucepan..
- Add the cherries and slowly bring to a slight boil while continuing to stir. Bruise the cherries with the back of the spoon..
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the thyme, salt and pepper. Occasionally stirring, continue to cook until the sauce is smooth and coats the back of a spoon..
- Add some "meat" pan juices, heat for 2-3 minutes and serve. [Serving: Roast Duck].