Linda's Red Sauce.
You can have Linda's Red Sauce using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Linda's Red Sauce
- Prepare 3 of Garlic Bulbs.
- It’s 5-6 of Fresh Tomatoes (Roma work well).
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need 2 of medium carrots.
- You need 1 of small white onion.
- Prepare 3 of medium celery stalks.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh chopped rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil (or 1/4 cup of fresh chopped basil).
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 6 oz of caned tomato paste.
- Prepare 16 oz of canned tomato sauce.
- You need 16 oz of water.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sugar.
- Prepare dash of cinnamon.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Linda's Red Sauce instructions
- Roast 3 Garlic bulbs (split in half) and 5-6 fresh tomatoes with drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of kosher salt for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees..
- In a food processor, finely mince celery, carrots and small onion with a dash of salt and pepper..
- Sweat the minced vegetables over medium heat with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil for about 10 minutes..
- Once the garlic and tomatoes are done roasting and cooled, remove the garlic cloves and tomatoes from their skins and put into food processor. Run processor on high until completely incorporated. Add tomato sauce, water, and paste and incorporate..
- Remove sauce into a pan to simmer. Add other spices: oregano, basil, cinnamon, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer on low for 30-45 min, stirring occasionally..