Chicken in Peanut Sauce.
You can cook Chicken in Peanut Sauce using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- You need 500 g of Slices of Chicken breast.
- It’s 2 C of Ground peanut (not too fine).
- It’s of (Fry peanut without oil, dry blend).
- Prepare 1/4 C of FINELY chopped garlic.
- It’s 2/3 of THINLY JULLIENED ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of hot chilli flakes (or more).
- You need 1/3 C of cooking oil.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- It’s of (Or dark soy sauce. Adjust sugar).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chicken seasoning powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Chicken in Peanut Sauce instructions
- Note: Ingredients can be adjusted according to one preference – amount of chicken, sweetness, the heat (from chilli flakes, saltiness or the amount of ground peanut. Start adding only a cup of ground peanut first. Mix. Stir. Taste. Then add another cup..
- Prepare all ingredients – slice chicken breast (finger bite size). If you dont have chicken breast, use the usual chicken cuts. leave aside. Next, Fry raw peanut without oil then set to cool. Blend dry. Finely chop garlic. Finely julienne (in strips) ginger. Note: you can use store bought ground peanuts too..
- Heat cooking oil in a wok. Fry garlic & ginger until lightly brown. Add chicken. Stir until well combined over medium high heat for few minutes..
- Set the heat to medium low. Add sauces (oyster & sweet soy sauce). Stir until strips are well coated. Then add seasonings – sugar to taste, chicken seasoning powder/ granules & chilli flakes. Stir, taste and adjust accordingly. Add salt to taste, only if you need to. Sprinkle few tablespoon of water if you feel the chicken is too dry. Cook on medium low until chicken is cooked through..
- Finally, add ground peanut. Stir until everything is well combined & chicken strips are well coated. Turn the heat to low. Sprinkle some water only if necessary. Stir for a minute or two, until everything is well incorporated. Dish up. Serve with plain white rice..