You can cook Sobre Sauce using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sobre Sauce
- Prepare 2 slices of bread.
- It’s 2 cups of red wine.
- It’s 1 cup of raisins.
- It’s As needed of water for loosening raisins when grinding.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of powder fine see my recipe.
Sobre Sauce instructions
- Tear and soak the bread in the wine..
- Grind the raisins with a little water as needed till raisins are a paste. I found it easier to heat in the liquids the raisins were easier to break down..
- Mix the bread and raisin paste then strain through with a sieve or cloth. Originally it would have been a cloth made of wool. You can use it whole, which I did. I still pushed it through a sieve..
- Add to a pot, bring to a boil, and boil 10 minutes to reduce..
- Serve with meat, fish, or fowl. I hope you enjoy!.
- You can substitute the slices of bread with breadcrumbs..