Steamed Eggpant Soya Sauce. When the eggplants are cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh in long segments, leaving out as best you can the pockets of seeds in the eggplant. Steamed Eggplant and Soy Sauce (side dish) Easy to process yummy and healthier Ingredients : eggplant, garlic, green onion,red vinegar Dark Soy sauce. READ DESCRIPTION Today my mom is going to show you how to make Steamed Eggplant with Spicy Soy Sauce.
To make the dish gluten-free, use rice vinegar to replace the Chinkiang vinegar, and use tamari or coconut aminos to replace the light soy sauce. Steamed eggplant has a delicate, silky texture. You may have tasted similar light, refreshing eggplant dishes in Asian restaurants. You can have Steamed Eggpant Soya Sauce using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steamed Eggpant Soya Sauce
- Prepare 2 of big long eggplants.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 of green onions.
- You need 1 tbsp of soya sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- You need 2-3 of red chilli padi.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, crushed.
Whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, sesame or walnut oil, and canola oil. Add the optional ginger and/or garlic. While the eggplants are steaming, make the sauce by combining soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, ground dried chillies and sugar. Arrange single layer on a serving plate.
Steamed Eggpant Soya Sauce step by step
- Prep your steamer by adding 2 cups of water to it. Set heat to medium-high for it to boil, it shoud take about 5 minutes..
- Meanwhile, cut eggplants crosswise into 2½ inch pieces. Cut the thicker pieces in half lengthwise..
- When the water starts boiling, put the eggplants on the steamer rack and cover. Steam for 5 minutes over medium high heat..
- Remove from the heat. Take out the steamed eggplant and transfer to a cutting board. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes until you can easily handle them..
- Tear each piece into bite size pieces..
- Make seasoning mixture: Combine garlic, green onion, soy sauce, fish sauce, hot pepper flakes, sesame oil in a mixing bowl. Mix well with a wooden spoon..
- Put it together & serve: Add the steamed eggplant to the bowl and mix well by hand or with the wooden spoon. Sprinkle with the crushed sesame seeds and serve with rice..
Spoon the sesame-soy sauce evenly over the eggplant pieces, sprinkle with toasted sesame. See recipes for Steamed Eggpant Soya Sauce too. Eggplant, fish sauce, garlic, green onion, hot pepper flakes, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Add all remaining ingredients and gently toss everything together.