Huli Huli Sauce/Marinade. Huli Huli Marinade is an intensely sweet and savory teriyaki-style sauce popular in Hawaii. It's a simple mixture of brown cane sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and other aromatics. Huli huli marinade is used to marinate chicken or pork, which is then often cooked on a rotisserie and always over an open.
When the chicken marinade is done, put the chicken and marinade together in a freezer-safe bag. Not sure where I got this recipe. Several friends have tried it and love it; they advised cutting the marinating time to one hour (the original recipe called for overnight marinating). You can have Huli Huli Sauce/Marinade using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Huli Huli Sauce/Marinade
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of soy sauce (Worcestershire works too).
- It’s 1/3 cup of cooking sherry (chicken broth).
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of garlic mince.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ginger root (more if you like a bit to it).
Marinate one hour, do not marinade overnight (it will be overpowering). HULI HULI SAUCE/TERIYAKE SAUCE/MARINATE/TASTY EASY This is my sauce or marinate for my huli huli chicken skewers for my Live Cooking In a few hours. A tasty. "Huli" is a Hawaiian word that means to turn over. Traditional versions of this dish are grilled, constantly turning the chicken back and forth as a rotisserie would.
Huli Huli Sauce/Marinade step by step
- Mix all together.
- Marinate meat couple hours(or over night) make sure to save some for cooking.
- If bbq grill meat and base with extra sauce. Or cook on stove (I chop meat) use extra as a sauce like stri fry. Or cook in oven and base (or cook in sauce) with sauce.
This easy recipe is made in the oven to save you time and elbow grease. Recipe adapted from Chef Greg Harrison, Pacific'O Restaurant. Huli Huli Chicken Thighs. with jasmine rice and spicy beans. Say, "Aloha," to island flavor with Hawaiian huli huli chicken. A sweet and savory marinade glazes and caramelizes on the chicken while it grills, and the aromatic jasmine rice provides a natural counterpoint to all this.