Eastern NC BBQ Sauce. North Carolina Vinegar BBQ Sauces of the "Eastern Carolina" style may vary in nuanced or minor ways, but true to form, they must share the following flavor profile: watery thin, tangy, with a little spicy vinegar kick. No ketchup in this sauce, folks. In fact, if you see any hint of "red," it's likely from.
Typically, Eastern NC sauce only consists of vinegar, sugar, salt and hot sauce/peppers. So the ketchup is a no-no for Eastern NC style, if you want to stay traditional. Fred NOT an eastern NC BBQ sauce. You can have Eastern NC BBQ Sauce using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eastern NC BBQ Sauce
- You need 1 cup of cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of molasses.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of corn syrup.
- It’s 1 of ⁄2 tbs Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 of ⁄2 tsp kosher salt.
I've lived there all my life and have never had one that contains ketchup. The original, Eastern North Carolina BBQ sauce flavor. Ah.now I feel like I've really accomplished something. From my uncle's own recipe (or one of them, at least).
Eastern NC BBQ Sauce step by step
- Put in bottle and shake to blend. Ready to use after about 3 days..
- Probably doesn't need refrigeation but we keep it there..
I knew there was a reason I went home for Thanksgiving. I cant give you a full recipe but I do know it's heavy on the vinegar. I really don't care for it all that much. I've made this at home using this process twice now, and it's a. There are lots of BBQ Sauce recipes out there, but I love the vinegar based NC sauce.