Sweet Tomato Sauce.
You can cook Sweet Tomato Sauce using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Tomato Sauce
- It’s 2.5 kg of ripe tomatos peeled.
- You need of Large handful of fresh Sage.
- You need of Large handful of fresh Basil leaves.
- It’s of Small handful fresh Thyme.
- It’s 500 ml of Brown vinegar.
- You need 500 g of sugar.
- It’s 1 of beef stock cube.
- It’s 10 g of cracked pepper.
- You need 15 g of Allspice.
- It’s 500 g of peeled and chopped Granny Smith apples.
- You need of Bulb of garlic peeled.
- You need 500 g of chopped Brown onions.
- Prepare of Extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 70 g of salt.
- You need 1 of fresh red Cayenne chillie sliced fine.
Sweet Tomato Sauce step by step
- In a large stock pot drizzle a little Extra virgin olive oil and sweat the onions and the garlic.
- In a blender blend the Sage,Basil and Thyme until you have a fairly smooth paste..
- Add all the ingredients to the stock pot and bring to the boil slowly while stirring.
- Simmer with a lid on for about 3-4 hours stirring occasionally.
- Whe simmering time has finished use a hand blender and blend to a consistency you desire.
- Decant into jars or beer bottles while the sauce is still quite warm(not hot!!!). Ensure bottle or jar is sterile and heated so the glass doesn't crack!!.
- Put a lid or cap on it while still warm, this should create a vacuum seal. No need to refrigerate until you open it..